The EWI4000s from Akai is a high-quality electronic wind instrument controller designed for live and studio applications. The most unique feature of the controller is that it has a built-in sound module, which allows performers to plug a wireless MIDI or audio setup into the base of the unit and move freely while they play. The EWI4000s has a combination of touch sensors and physical keys for control.
A special EVI fingering mode is available for brass players, and the unit can be played in the typical saxophone fingering mode. All vibrato, breath, bend, and glide time controls are fully-adjustable to give you the desired performance. The unit also has great connectivity options with MIDI input and output connectors, 1/4" and 1/8" outputs, and a DC power input for use with the optional power adapter. The EWI4000s can run on four AA batteries for up to eight hours so you know you won't run out of juice during a performance.
- Electronic Valve Instrument (EVI) fingering mode for brass players
- Touch sensitive keys and octave roller for quick and responsive playing
- Sensitive breath sensor for expressive dynamics
- Built-in analog modeling synth sound module
- Built-in MIDI output for use with sound modules
- PC and Mac Editor software for customizing, storing and instantly recalling internal sounds
- Lightweight and portable design with battery power